It’s pretty rare to find a doctor who makes house calls these days and milk doesn’t get delivered to doorsteps anymore. Just about any other company you do business with involves you going to them, but there are still businesses that will come to you. Here are ten that still make house calls.
- Cleaning services – If you need your home professionally cleaned the service needs to come to you. You can’t take your house in to be cleaned, so this is a no-brainer.
- Communications systems – Companies that provide internet, television and telephone service need to send technicians out to your home to hook up lines and equipment. Hopefully you don’t need them to come out again to make repairs or resolve problems.
- Pest control – If you have bugs or critters to get rid of, the pest control people will have to come to your house to take care of them. They’re in the business of getting rid of unwanted guests.
- Lawn care – People who want a well kept lawn, but don’t have the time or expertise to do it themselves, can hire companies to do it for them. They will come to your home and bring the tools they need to do a professional job.
- Pool service – Pools are nice to have, but they can also be hard to maintain. A pool service will be happy to come out and make sure your pool and the water in it is clean.
- Home parties – There are several direct sale companies that market their products with home parties. Instead of waiting for customers to come to them, they bring their products to your home and show you and your guests how to use them.
- Insurance adjusters – If you have a homeowner’s insurance claim chances are an independent adjuster will need to come to your home to asses the damage. The insurance companies rely on them to go where their services are needed.
- Farm animal vets – Farmers with large livestock will often need the veterinarian come to their farm to do routine vaccinations and take care of animals who are too difficult to move. This isn’t as common as it used to be and can be expensive.
- Construction – You may need some remodeling or home repairs done. Maybe you have a landscaping or driveway project that requires a construction contractor. Of course they’ll need to come to your home to look at the job and do the work.
- Transportation services – There are several transportation services that are usually geared for elderly or disabled people that can’t get around on their own. They will pick you up at your doorstep, take you where you need to go, and take you back home again.
Of course there are delivery services that will delivery packages to your home and even some grocery, plus other stores who will make home deliveries. You can order just about anything you need online and have it shipped to your home so you can get by fairly well without ever leaving your house. This doesn’t sound like a very healthy lifestyle, though. So don’t turn into a recluse and get out and go shopping.